Best known for his role as Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad, Aaron Paul has been keeping busy with more movies and television shows ever since.
Even though he plays a drug user in the popular show, in real life he’s known for being an all-around nice guy!
Aaron Paul has certainly been deserving of his hard-earned success.
So check out these 30 interesting facts about his life and career!
- Aaron Paul Sturtevant is 39 years old and was born on August 27th, 1979. This makes his star sign a Virgo.
- Aaron Paul was born in Emmett, Idaho. He was a month premature and was born in his parent’s bathtub! He is the youngest of 5 siblings.
- Aaron knew he wanted to be an actor in 8th grade after taking theater.
- At about age 16, Aaron Paul went to Los Angeles for the International Modeling and Talent Association competition. He won runner-up and signed with a manager.
- In the year 2000, Aaron was a contestant on The Price is Right. He made it to the final round, but overbid and lost by $132 dollars!
- After watching The Goonies, it inspired Aaron Paul to leave Idaho to pursue acting. At age 17, he graduated high school one year early and drove down to Los Angeles with only $6,000 to his name.
- In order to save up the money to move to Los Angeles, he worked up to five jobs at a time. Some of these included working as a Pizza Hut delivery boy, and a frog mascot for a radio station.
- When he first moved to Los Angeles, he struggled for about a decade. One of his jobs before his acting took off, was working as an usher at Universal Studios Movie Theater in Hollywood.
- Aaron Paul says that he has to listen to chill music while he’s driving in order to prevent road rage.
- Even though he moved to Los Angeles for acting, to this day has never had formal acting training.
- In 1999, Aaron Paul filmed a Corn Pops Since that shoot, he says he’ll never eat Corn Pops again.
- Aaron Paul auditioned for a the role of Francis on Malcom in the Middle, which starred his future co-star Bryan Cranston.
- If Aaron was a Star Wars character, he says he would be Chewbacca because it would be fun to be furry and soft. Although standing at 5′ 8 (1.73 m) – he’s probably not tall enough!
- Aaron Paul’s big break was in 2007 when he was cast to play on the HBO series Big Love as Amanda Seyfried’s boyfriend/husband.
- During filming for Breaking Bad in Albuquerque, he would tweet out the number for a pay phone near the set and take calls from fans.
- In season 5 of Breaking Bad, Aaron was paid $150,000 per episode.
- As of 2018, Aaron Paul’s net worth is $16 million dollars.
- Originally, Aaron Paul’s character, Jesse, was supposed to get killed off in the first season of Breaking Bad. However, he was kept on because of how the great chemistry between he and his co-star, Bryan Cranston.
- Aaron Paul met his wife, Lauren at Coachella. He says they fell in love there and shared their first kiss on a ferris wheel at Coachella. He still keeps her in his phone as “Lauren Coachella” as a reminder of the day.
- When he proposed to Lauren, he popped the question in Paris on New Year’s Day. He bought the ring 3 months early.
- When they got married in 2013, they had a 1920’s Parisian carnival themed wedding in Malibu, California.
- Aaron won Best Supporting Actor on Television 3 different years – he is the only actor to have done so.
- Aaron says that the biggest similarity between himself and his character, Jesse Pinkman, is that they both have a soft spot for kids.
- Aaron attended the Prince of Brunei’s 25th birthday party as a plus one with his friend. He ended up hanging out with Michael Jackson in a deep conversation, and eventually taking shots of tequila.
- In order to prepare for the role of Jesse Pinkman, Aaron says he spent a lot of time with former addicts, as well as current users so he could bring as much honesty to the character as possible.
- Aaron Paul almost got kicked out of a Radiohead concert for standing up and dancing in a sitting row.
- There is an episode of Breaking Bad which involve’s Aaron’s character, Jesse, getting beat up by another character, Tuco. While filming, Aaron actually got knocked unconscious and had to be taken to the hospital.
- Along with his wife, Aaron is heavily involved in the Kind Campaign, which is an anti-bullying organization.
- To celebrate the end of Breaking Bad, he and Bryan Cranston both got tattoos to commemorate the show. In cursive on his arm, Aaron’s ink says “No Half Measures” which is a name of one of the episodes. Meanwhile, Cranston’s tattoo is the show’s logo on his finger.
- In September 2017, Aaron Paul and his wife Lauren announced that they are expecting their first child!