If you’re looking for the most interesting list of animal facts, you’re at the right place! Here are 300 of the best fun & random facts about animals!
- Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
- A newborn Chinese water deer is so small it can almost be held in the palm of the hand.
- Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
- A lion in the wild usually makes no more than twenty kills a year.
- The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
- The world’s smallest dog was a Yorkshire Terrier, which weighed just four ounces.
- Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.
- Almost half the pigs in the world are kept by farmers in China.
- On average, dogs have better eyesight than humans, although not as colorful.
- Deer have no gall bladders.
- There is an average of 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.
- Snakes are carnivores, which means they only eat animals, often small ones such as insects, birds, frogs and other small mammals.
- In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they’re moose hunting.
- The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
- The leg bones of a bat are so thin that out of the 1,200 species of bats, only 2 can walk on ground. These are the Vampire bat and the Burrowing bat.
- Some male songbirds sing more than 2,000 times each day.
- The only mammals to undergo menopause are elephants, humpback whales and human females.
- Blue-eyed lemurs are one of two (non-human) primates to have truly blue eyes.
- A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food.
- For every human in the world there are one million ants.
- If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop – they use their tails for balance.
- If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will become pale!
- Cows can sleep standing up, but they can only dream lying down.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet.
- The average fox weighs 14 pounds.