The color green signifies nature, life, youth, safety and hope. Green is the second most favorite color with blue being the first.
Read the top facts about this color.
- Green represents ‘go’ in traffic signals, railway signals and ship signals. It is known as a safe color worldwide which is why first-aid equipment is often green. Fire escape exit signs are green in most countries, although some are red.
- Green is the color used for night vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive and able to distinguish the most shades in that color.
- The color green is often used as a symbol of sickness, you’ll most likely have noticed this in cartoons; the character often has a green face when being sick.
- In North American stock markets, green is used to indicate a rise in stock prices, however In East Asian stock markets, green indicates a drop in stock prices.
- Green has long been a symbol of fertility and was once the preferred color choice for wedding gowns in the 1400’s.
- Before the 1950’s Santa’s suit was originally green until Coca-Cola bought him out and changed his suit to red.
- In high schools in the United States during the 1960s, it was believed that if someone wore green on Thursdays, it meant that they were gay.
- Green is the national color of Ireland.
- Green was a sacred color to the Egyptians representing the hope and joy of spring. The floors of the temples were green.
- Suicides dropped by 34% when London’s Blackfriar Bridge was painted green.
- Kermit the Frog doesn’t find it easy bein’ green!