Today there are many stars who have no musical talent in their body and they still manage to become superstars just due to their hype or their social prowess but once in a while, some people break from this mold and appear as the musically talented star they were born to be. One such man, Charlie Puth is a huge hit today and quite rightly so, with an incredible voice, he’s taken the world by storm.
Here we’re going to look at 50 facts about Charlie Puth.
- Charlie’s full name is Charles Otto Puth Jr.
- He is 25 years old and was born on 2nd December 1991 in Rumson, New Jersey, United States.
- Puth’s star sign is Sagittarius, putting him alongside other celebs including Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj and Vanessa Hudgens.
- Brady, Charlie’s dog and preferred wingman, is a King Charles Spaniel.
- Charlie comes from a very religious background with his mother being Jewish and his father Catholic.
- Charlie’s mother Debra actually wrote commercials for HBO.
- He has two younger siblings, Mikaela & Stephen Puth. They’re twins and were born on 13th April 1994.
- Charlie Puth is 5’9″ tall (1.8 meters).
- At 2 years old, Charlie was attacked by a dog which almost killed him and gave him his famous eyebrow slit. The slit is a center of controversy with many accusing him of doing it himself.
- Charlie learnt to play the piano from the age of 4 after his mother decided to teach him. His favorite song to play is Emily by Bill Evans.
- Charlie was called ‘Chunky Spunky Money Poofington’ by some unknown group as a child. He admitted his rather strange nickname in a Billboard interview.
- Charlie earned $600 profit when he released his first Christmas album whilst in Sixth Grade. He produced, designed and recorded the albums and donated the profits.
- Charlie broke up with his first ever girlfriend on a post-it note during an English class in 6th grade.
- At the age of twelve, Charlie participated in a summer youth jazz ensemble in Red Bank.
- In 2009 Charlie started his career with a comedy and acoustic covers YouTube channel called ‘Charlies Vlogs‘. He says his inspiration to create his YouTube was from Philip DeFranco and Dave Days.
- Charlie attended the Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School, and graduated in 2010.
- Puth was supposedly horrendously unpopular in school and was often more commonly seen at home than socializing.
- Charlie Puth didn’t attend his own school prom.
- Charlie’s first ever track and music video were for the 2010 song, These Are My Sexy Shades.
- On 10th December 2010, he released his first album called The Otto Tunes.
- Berklee College of Music boasts a whopping 200 Grammy Award winners amongst its alumni; Charlie had a scholarship and graduated from the school, with a full scholarship in music production and engineering.
- Charlie with a cover of Adele’s hit Someone Like You actually won the 2011 Perez Hilton ‘Can You Sing?’ contest.
- Ellen DeGeneres Signed Charlie to her record label eleveneleven in 2011 after he won the Can You Sing?
- In October 2012, Charlie performed at an event supporting DKMS Delete Blood Cancer, which is the world’s largest bone marrow donor center.
- On 23rd October 2013, Charlie’s second independent album was released, called Ego.