Since 1999, Emilie de Ravin has been making a name for herself in the acting industry.
After making her big break on the Emmy Award winning TV show Lost, she moved on to another popular show, Once Upon a Time.
This Australian beauty has also acted alongside many big names in movies, such as Robert Pattinson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Johnny Depp, while holding her own.
As she continues her career and growth, here are 30 facts about Emilie de Ravin to satisfy your curiosity.
- Emilie de Ravin is 37 years old. She was born on December 27, 1981 in Victoria, Australia. This makes her zodiac sign a Capricorn.
- Her surname, de Ravin, is often misunderstood as “raven” like the bird. However, it is of French origin and means “of the ravine.”
- Her only siblings are her two older sisters who are at least 15 years older than she is.
- Growing up, she studied ballet full time, starting at Christa Cameron School of Ballet when she was 9, and later attended The Australian Ballet School when she was 15.
- After ballet school, she attended the National Institute of Dramatic Arts – where Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving had also attended.
- When she was 18, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting. She was only in LA for a month before she landed her first role as Tess Harding in the TV show “Roswell.”
- When she would post on forums, her username was “Diva Duck,” however she was mostly active during the airing of Roswell.
- Emilie’s biggest TV role as Claire Littleton on the hit show ‘Lost,’ loves peanut butter – which is unintentionally ironic because Emilie de Ravin is allergic to peanuts. In reality, her biggest weakness is actually chocolate.
- While filming Lost, her character Claire Littleton was not in season 5, but returned for season 6. Because of this, Emilie didn’t watch season 5 while it was airing – she decided that if her character didn’t know what was going on, she shouldn’t either.
- Her favorite burger place is Umami Burger; while her favorite food is sushi.
- For both Lost and Once Upon a Time, she was originally only cast as a recurring character. She was on Lost for 5 out of 6 seasons, and became a main character on Once Upon a Time starting in season 2.
- When auditioning for Lost, she originally read for the role of Shannon Rutherford.
- While filming her labor scene in Lost, she had an obstetrician on set to help ensure her acting was as real as possible.
- Even though she started acting in the U.S. in early 2000, she didn’t receive her green card until 2004, which made accepting jobs difficult until then.
- As of 2019, Emilie’s net worth is $12 million.
- In 2003, she married actor Josh Janowicz, however they didn’t have a ceremony until 2006. After separating and reconciling three times, they officially divorced in 2014.
- Her favorite books are the Harry Potter series.
- In 2015, she co-starred in the drama film, The Submarine Kid, which was directed by her then boyfriend, Eric Bilitch.
- During filming of season 5 for Once Upon a Time, Emilie de Ravin was pregnant, and shots mostly consisted of her upper body.
- On March 12, 2016, Emilie de Ravin had her first child, a girl, with her partner, Eric Bilitch. They named her Vera Audrey de Ravin-Bilitch. Shortly after, she and Bilitch became engaged.
- Emilie’s favorite TV show is Friends.
- She’s complained about the American scouring sponges for cleaning pots and pans, and has her mother ship her sponges from Australia because they’re more durable.
- Emilie owns a house in Los Angeles, CA, where she lives when she isn’t flying to and from filming locations.
- The only known body modifications she has is a tongue piercing and a tattoo on her wrist. The tattoo says “Bella,” a tribute to her miniature poodle who passed away.
- Despite what most people think, Emilie de Ravin is a smoker.
- Emilie wore a wig for season 1 of Once Upon a Time, dyed her hair for seasons 2-5, and then went back to using a wig for season 6.
- All around, she’s a small person – she stands at 5’2 (1.57 m) and her shoe size is 6.5 U.S.
- During her spare time, Emilie has said one of her favorite things is gardening, and considers herself a homebody.
- Emilie is a strong advocate for animal rights and is often encouraging people to adopt from a shelter through her Twitter, @emiliederavin.
- On January 21, 2016, Emilie, along with her partner and daughter, participated in one of the famous Women’s March in Washington D.C.