The color brown is a dull and often ignored color. It looks like your aunts age old curtains and it’s not a very eye-catching color.
From a different perspective, however, brown is a very pleasant color, it resembles history, culture and chocolate.
Here’s a short list of facts you might not know about the color brown.
- The Japanese do not have a word for brown. They only describe it with short phrases.
- The color brown resembles death in India because it is the color of dead or dying leaves.
- Native Americans believe that brown is the color of self-discipline.
- The founder of the NFL Team Cleveland Browns is Paul Brown.
- If you’re ‘Brown Bagging’, it means you’ve brought a homemade lunch to work.
- A ‘Brownout’ is a partial loss of electrical power.
- Brown is considered an Earth color because it can be found nearly everywhere on Earth and it is the color of soil.
- The color brown can be created by blending all of the colors together.
- The Eiffel Tower in France is brown.
- The way the color brown affects us psychologically, it represents family, comfort and stability.
- The color brown can encourage materialism and a want of possessions.
- People with brown eyes are creative attractive and confident.
- Brown can affect our mood by making us calm. Brown is a soothing color, but too much brown is a depressant.
- You don’t see brown in the rainbow because it is a mixture of colors and the rainbow is all the primary and secondary colors separated by a prism (water).
- Grizzly Bears are also known as Brown Bears.
- Brown recluses are known for their flesh rotting bite, but… there are some cases where the spider doesn’t have a chance to release a lot of venom and the victim only experiences mild skin irritation.
- The color brown in dreams is more than often your subconscious telling you, you should get back to your roots.
- Chocolate is brown because the cocoa bean that it comes from is also brown.
- Classic painter, Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings have brilliant yellows that, due to age, are starting to turn brown.
- Until the year 1925, the color brown in some paints and dyes was actually produced from ground up ancient Egyptian mummies!
- Bilirubin is the pigment in feces that makes it brown.
- Brown sugar is unrefined sugar that still contains molasses.
- There is actually no difference between brown eggs and white eggs… they are merely different colors.
- You might be in trouble if your urine is brown. Though some foods like fava beans and rhubarb can give your urine a brown color, brown may also be a sign of hepatitis, bleeding in the urinary tract, or even melanoma (skin cancer).
- When making glass, Nickel is added to make the glass brown.