Slowbro is a vacant-eyed pink colored Pokémon with another Pokémon attached to his tail. Slowbro isn’t a very intelligent Pokémon and even has the same empty stare as Psyduck and Jynx. Even in the anime the characters are seen commenting on Slowbro’s dull nature.
Slowbro would appear to be dull-minded and comical due to its mouth always hanging open, but this Pokémon has more to it than it’s lack of brain power and silly expression.
Below are 25 facts all about the Slowbro. He’s more interesting than most would give him credit for!
- Slowbro, a water/psychic Pokémon, is the evolved form of Slowpoke from level 37.
- Slowbro’s weaknesses are ghost, dark, electric, bug and grass Pokémon. Slowbro is resistant to steel, ice, fire, psychic, water and fighting attacks.
- Slowbro is #80 in the National Pokédex.
- The classification of this Pokémon is Hermit Crab.
- The average height of a Slowbro is 5’3”.
- The average weight of a Slowbro is 173.1 lbs or 78.5 kg.
- A Slowbro can run up to speeds of 43 mph.
- Slowbro are not very aggressive and are mostly docile. If provoked, however, they can use attacks such as Yawn or Confusion.
- Slowbro and Slowpoke tails grow back fast if lost.
- Kalos is one of the towns in the Pokémon world where eating Slowbro or Slowpoke tail is not frowned upon.
- The first appearance of a Slowbro in the anime was when character Professor Westwood’s Slowpoke evolved in the episode, The Evolution Solution.
- Multiple Slowpoke’s evolved against their will in the episode, A Crowning achievement.
- In the anime, a Slowpoke can evolve into a Slowbro if a Shellder latches onto its tail. The Shellder then becomes part of the Slowbro’s future evolutions.
- In the anime, if a Slowbro is bitten on the head by a Shellder, it evolves into a Slowking.
- Slowking’s are highly intelligent evolutions of Slowbro’s.
- If a Slowbro’s Shellder is removed from his tail he reverts back to a Slowpoke. The same thing applies to a Slowking and the Shellder attached to his head, but the Slowking also forgets everything he has learned and loses his intelligence boost.
- In the anime, Slowbro and Slowking are the only Pokémon that can de-evolve.
- Slowbro eat fish (poor Magikarp) and swim to catch them, but also eat Pokémon eggs if they find them.
- Once a Shellder is attached to a Slowbro, it refuses to let go because it enjoys the flavor of the Slowbro’s tail too much.
- The Slowbro isn’t very bright or smart, but will become inspired if the Shellder on its tail bites down.
- The poison of its attached Shellder makes it impossible for the Slowbro to feel pain.
- A Slowbro can Mega Evolve into Mega Slowbro with Slowbronite, a mega stone used to evolve the Slowbro when the item is held during battle.
- When the Slowbro is Mega Evolved, the Shellder on its tail engulfs all but the arms head and tail of the Slowbro.
- Slowbro’s live mainly on islands, but also in a few other areas such as caverns in the Pokémon world.
- In the first season of the Pokémon anime series during the episode 17 Island of the Giant Pokémon the Slowpoke on Giant Pokemon Island didn’t do anything different when it evolved. All it did was say Slowbro instead of Slowpoke. You first see the Slowpoke early in the episode when Pikachu wakens his fellow Pokémon out of their Pokéballs. Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro at the very end of the episode.