Slowpoke is one of my favourite Pokémon characters, its number 79 in the national Pokédex and is classed as a very unintelligent Pokémon.
- Slowpoke’s original English name was “Slowmo”.
- A Slowpoke is simply a phrase for someone who is slow. It can be also a mixture of slow and poke, which is an abbreviation of Pokémon.
- Slowpoke in Japanese is ãƒ¤ãƒ‰ãƒ³ – which you would pronounce as Yadon.
- Slowpoke is a dual-type Water/Psychic Pokémon.
- Slowpoke’s are based on a massive salamander. It also loosely looks like a hippopotamus.
- There are no visual differences between a male Slowpoke and a female one.
- Although Slowpoke’s have emerged frequently on the TV series, they have never been seen using a physical attack.
- In the anime, Slowpoke evolves into a Slowbro if a Shellder bites its tail. It also evolves into a Slowking if one bites its head while it has the King’s Rock with it.
- Although Slowpoke’s are one of the stupidest Pokémon, its evolution, Slowking, is considered to be one of the smartest.
- In the Pokémon games, Slowpoke can either evolve into a Slowbro, starting at Level 37; or into Slowking when traded holding a King’s Rock.
- Slowpoke are usually found at the water’s edge.
- Slowpoke uses its tail to catch prey by dipping it in water at the side of a river.
Whilst looking for information about Slowpoke’s I found a great site where you can make paper models of Pokémon, it’s called PokemonPaperCraft, click the link to learn how to make a fantastic paper Slowpoke!