Differences Between Chewing Gum And Bubble Gum

», History»Differences Between Chewing Gum And Bubble Gum
  • Bubble Gum
  • Chewing Gum

Differences Between Chewing Gum And Bubble Gum

By Luke Ward
2016-10-24T12:14:19+00:00 Categories: Food & Drink, History|

We chew chewing gum, and we blow bubbles out of bubble gum, apart from that, what are the other differences between these two products? Well the main difference with bubble gum and chewing gum is the ingredients in them, bubble gum has a few ingredients which make it thicker so that it will stretch and hold together when bubbles are blown.

Chewing gum goes as far back as the Ancient Greeks and the Mayans; they chewed natural plants like masticas and chicle to refresh their breath.

Packaged chewing gum has been available in shops since the 1800s. Chewing gum generally lasts a while, releasing flavour slowly over time, this way it is more enjoyable. There’s also chewing gum which helps to keep your teeth clean. You are not supposed to swallow chewing gum as it can stay in your system for a very long time.

Bubble gum was first in our shops in 1906 but due to the imperfection of the ingredients, it was not very popular. When bubble gum was perfected, it finally became more popular to mainly teenagers. The reason for this is because it is stretches more than chewing gum, and it doesn’t leave a mess on your face if a bubble bursts.

Both bubble gum and chewing gum are normally sweetened and many companies add a type of flavouring to their gum. The main flavour chewing gum is mint, but it’s possible to find flavours such as watermelon and liquorice. There are usually more bubble gum flavours than chewing gum, for example you can get strawberry, blueberry, grape and many more. Some companies have added extra ingredients to their gum like caffeine, which helps people to stay awake easier.

So there’s not that much of a difference really, you chew both of them, they’re both there to freshen your breath, and they both come in a variety of flavours. I don’t really know what the limits are for bubble gum flavours; whether you can get funkier than fruit… what’s the weirdest flavour you’ve tried before?

2016-10-24T12:14:19+00:00 Categories: Food & Drink, History|
Luke Ward is the founder of The Fact Site. He's a professional blogger & researcher with over 7 years experience in fact finding, SEO, web design & other internet wizardry. He loves to write about celebs, gaming, film & TV.

1. Avatar for Luke Ward
    MatildaTheMusicalRocks! 8th April 2013 at 6:21 pm - Reply

I just wondered can you swallow bubble gum. I know that chewing gum is for frshaning breths really and bubbl gum is like a sweet to have fun blowing bubbles and to taste the nice flavours

2. Avatar for Luke Ward
    missy monkey :) 20th January 2013 at 4:44 pm - Reply

Thanks, I’m doing a project on bubblegum.

3. Avatar for Luke Ward
    lil g 2nd January 2013 at 7:39 pm - Reply

Thanks, I’m doing research on bubblehum, this helps a lot!

4. Avatar for Luke Ward
    lil g 2nd January 2013 at 7:39 pm - Reply

thanks im doing a reshearch on bubbles this helps alot

giglib 3rd February 2015 at 8:56 pm - Reply

same

5. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Lil Bro 21st September 2012 at 12:48 am - Reply

Thanks im in 7th grade and I just happened to be doing a science experiment on gum too

missymonkey 20th January 2013 at 4:46 pm - Reply

omg me 2 even the 7th grade opart :/

6. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Sheplive 7th May 2012 at 12:10 pm - Reply

can you swallow bubble gum

ian 27th November 2012 at 11:22 am - Reply

yes it can but if swallow wait before i said that this is true you will fart if you swallowed because i was in school i chew a chewing gum and i swallow while in my english time i farted 🙁 and all my classmates tease me for now 🙁

7. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Badass 1st April 2012 at 10:26 pm - Reply

I am doing a science experiment on gum and needed background research and this was VERY helpful. Thanks!

8. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Badass 1st April 2012 at 10:26 pm - Reply

9. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Suzanne 8th December 2010 at 9:54 am - Reply

Hi!

I’ve read a lot of blogs about the functionality of chewing a bubble gum when I came across this blog. I learned that chewing gum assists oral irrigation between and around the teeth. It is also useful in cleaning and removing particles of food because of its sticky structure that grab on particles. But it doesn’t mean that it can replace the role of the regular brushing of teeth. Remember, most chewing gums are rich in sugar and we all know that too much sugar can make destruction to a tooth enamel and can cause tooth decay. I remember when I was 11 years old. My tooth was needed to extracted due to tooth decay. Luckily, I didn’t fear my dentist!

10. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Anonymous 27th November 2010 at 6:58 pm - Reply

we are doing a science project on bubble gum. any other cool facts about bubble gum post on comments