Coca-Cola is much more than just a drink, it’s a name that is instantly recognized world-wide.
Check out these 12 crazy facts about Coca-Cola!
- It used to contain cocaine up until 1905, when it was removed due to public concern.
- It was originally made to cure hangovers and headaches.
- In Chinese, the name Coca-Cola means “to make mouth happy”.
- If all the Coca-Cola bottles in the world were stacked end to end, they would reach to the Moon and back more than 1,677 times.
- In one night, a bottle of Coca-Cola can soften a tooth.
- Coca-Cola is very good at cleaning up blood spots, and is often used in the States to clean blood of from the roads after an accident!
- Coca-Cola can be used to remove grease from clothes! It’s as simple as emptying a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, adding the detergent, and run through a regular cycle.
- A bottle of Coca-Cola has a PH scale of 2.8, and could dissolve a nail in just 4 days
- Coca-Cola released a ‘Diet Coke with Bacon‘ flavor!
- Another less known flavor that Coca-Cola released was the “Coca-Cola BlāK”. This was a coffee flavored soft drink, released in 2006 in France. Sadly this was short-lived, and Coca-Cola discontinued the production in 2008. It was also available in other countries such as England and Canada.
- Coca-Cola even helped create the modern image of Santa!
- The coca-cola logo design was not made from a typeface but was originally prepared using a handwriting style, now known as Spencerian Script.