2. The entire country of France is divided into twenty two different regions.
3. Denim clothing was originally developed in France in the city of Nimes.
4. It is estimated that 94% of French children know English as their second language.
5. The tradition of wearing a white dress for wedding days originated in France back in 1499.
6. April Fool's Day was also originated in France after the nation started following the Gregorian Calendar but failed to communicate the change properly.
7. The Capital city of France is Paris.
8. 'Paris' was originally named Lutetia.
9. It is estimated that there are between 200,000 and 1 million illegal immigrants in France.
10. There are over 130 television channels in France.
11. The Statue of Liberty in New York City, was a gift from the people of France to the US.
12. Mont-Blanc in the French Alps is the highest peak in Europe. It is nearly 4,810 metres high.
13. France produces over 400 varieties of cheese!
14. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889 by Gustave Eiffel.
15. It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
16. On 28th November 2002, the Eiffel Tower received its 200,000,000th guest!
17. The Official currency in France is the Euro.
18. Puss in Boots, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Little Red Riding Hood, were all written by a Frenchman named Charles Perrault.
19. France has an estimated population of 64.5 million.
20. It is against the law to take photos of police officers or police vehicles.
21. Grasse in France is known as the World's Capital of Perfume.
22. The official name of France is The French Republic and its motto is 'Liberty, Equality, Fraternity'.
23. French is the official language of 24 countries in the world.
24. The French flag is blue, white and red. It is known as Le Drapeau Tricolore which translates to 'The three-coloured flag'.
25. The French people call the English people les rosbifs, which translates to 'The Roast Beefs'!
26. The Eiffel Tower is 324 metres high.