Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants! If you love the show, check out these cool facts about your favourite sponge!
- The creator of SpongeBob SquarePants is Steve Hillenburg.
- SpongeBob’s original name was Sponge Boy but the name was already taken, so the creators went with SpongeBob.
- He doesn’t have a middle name.
- Patrick Star is SpongeBob’s best friend.
- He owns a pet snail called Garry.
- SpongeBob and Patrick enjoy going jelly fishing and blowing bubbles!
- SpongeBob works at the KrustyKrab.
- His job title is Fry cook.
- SpongeBob is just an average sink sponge.
- SpongeBob is yellow – just in case you didn’t know!
- He is always cheerful.
- His house is in fact a pineapple.
- He can never pass his driving test no matter how many times he tries!
- He is ambidextrous.
- He lives underwater.
- SpongeBob owns a KrusyKrab play set with action figures and accessories.
- He is afraid of the dark.
- Even though SpongeBob lives in the sea, he can’t swim!
- The creators of SpongeBob SquarePants tries to make you think of dolphins when SpongeBob laughs.
- Nickelodeon television premiered SpongeBob SquarePants in 1999.
- The creator of SpongeBob SquarePants was once a marine biologist and science teacher whom once worked as a fry cook at a seafood restaurant.
- The reason Hillenburg put SpongeBob in a pineapple home is because he thought he’d like the smell; smell is a very important sense for sea animals and sea life.
- SpongeBob has 27 holes.
- There is SpongeBob SquarePants Lego!
Also, if you want to know the SpongeBob SquarePants theme tune, this is how it goes:
Are you ready kids?
Aye aye captain!
I can’t hear you!
AYE AYE CAPTAIN!!!
Ohhhhhhh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
If nautical nonsense be something you wish!
Then drop on a deck and flop like a fish!
Ahhha, ha, ha!