When it comes to numbers, there are quite literally infinite levels that can be reached and in turn there are also infinite numbers of facts that relate to numbers in one way or another.
Here we’re going to focus on the terrific 26, a number that always solves a Rubik’s cube or the age many famous figures met their end.
- The 26th state to join the U.S. was Michigan
- In 1853 Proserpina or Asteroid 26, named after the Roman goddess was discovered.
- It takes 26 moves or less to solve a Rubik’s Cube.
- In Windows Alt Codes, Alt + 26 produces the “right arrow” or → symbol.
- Twenty-Six is a 2003 novel by Leo McKay, Jr.
- An Australian Alternative Rock band exists called 26.
- There are 26 red cards and 26 black cards in a deck of cards.
- In a human foot there are 26 bones.
- At 26 years old, males can no longer be drafted in to the United States
- 26 is known as the “joke throw” in darts and is reached by throwing 20, 5 & 1 after trying for a treble 20.
- 26 is the atomic number of iron.
- A 26 face device is known as a rhombicuboctahedron.
- Lincoln’s assassin; John Wilkes Booth was killed aged 26.
- The original blond bombshell Jean Harlow died aged 26.
- On 26th June 1977 in Indianapolis, Elvis Presley performed his last ever concert.
- According to CureEpilepsy.org, 1 in 26 Americans will develop epilepsy during their life.
- The 26th amendment or “Old Enough to Fight, Old Enough to Vote” amendment, passed on 10th March 1971 was a huge change to youth responsibly and values, giving all those over 18 the right to vote.
- Walt Disney has won the most Oscars ever, this stands at 26.
- The number 26 only appears once in the entire bible.
- Theodore Roosevelt was the 26th president of the U.S.
- In the bosonic string theory, there are 26 space time dimensions.
- Opal is the gift for a couple’s 26th wedding anniversary.
- In 2026 Heinz von Foerster predicts that a level of technological singularity will be reached, an almost equal par between man and machine.
- In Italian; ‘precipitevolissimevolmente’ has 26 letters and is the equivalent of the English ASAP.
- It takes an average person 13 seconds to count from 1 to 26.
- There are 26 ganglions in the sympathetic system of the body.
So there we have it, although on the surface 26 is nothing more than another number but as we have just seen there are actually numerous mind blowing facts that get unearthed about this figure as you dig deeper and deeper.