Facts About Smoking

»»Facts About Smoking
  • Smoking Facts
  • Smoking Facts

Facts About Smoking

By Luke Ward
2016-10-24T15:03:24+00:00 Categories: Health & Body|

So you know smoking is a danger to your health, but how bad is it really? Here’s a few facts that will help you understand the dangers it may have to your health.

Smokers have ten times as many wrinkles than a person that does not smoke. On average a pack of cigarettes a day can cause the loss of two teeth every ten years. Smoking makes your hair change to a more tobacco like colour and makes your hands look and smell horrible. It also makes your breath smell not too pleasant.

Research has indicated that smokers are likely to die on average six and a half years earlier than non-smokers and that roughly eleven minutes are cut off the life of an average male smoker from each cigarette smoked. Every eight seconds, someone in the world dies due to tobacco. That’s a lot when you think about it. One in three smokers are estimated to die from tobacco-related diseases. Cigarette smoke contains eleven chemical compounds that are known to cause cancer. Hence, it is high-time that people should pivot to using portable vaporizers instead to become more healthy.

In America, at least 7% of all health care costs are due to smoking and it causes about 445 new cases of lung cancer every day. Over 50,000 Americans a year die from second-hand smoke, which makes people the deaths for people who actually smoke considerably higher. The death count for drugs, homicides, fires and AIDS combined still doesn’t equal the amount of deaths caused due to smoking.

2016-10-24T15:03:24+00:00 Categories: Health & Body|
Luke Ward is the founder of The Fact Site. He's a professional blogger & researcher with over 8 years experience in fact finding, SEO, web design & other internet wizardry. He loves to write about celebs, gaming, film & TV.

1. […] Vincent used the cash he acquired from his brother on portray supplies and fashions, which prompted him to eat and stay in poverty. His weight-reduction plan was primarily bread, coffee, and tobacco. […]

2. […] Vincent used the cash he obtained from his brother on portray supplies and fashions, which brought about him to eat and stay in poverty. His weight loss plan was primarily bread, coffee, and tobacco. […]

3. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Interesting Facts 10th March 2012 at 1:22 pm - Reply

“STOP the Cigarette” SAVE the Earth.

4. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Interesting Facts 10th March 2012 at 1:22 pm - Reply

“STOP the Cigarette” SAVE the Earth.

5. Avatar for Luke Ward
    facts about smoking 16th December 2010 at 5:05 pm - Reply

6. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Interesting Facts 16th December 2010 at 5:05 pm - Reply

so why not the government stop approving the cigar companies.

in one forgien country smokers are dismissed form the office. thats great na

private cigar company earns a lot form this slow killing product.. some body stop dsi

7. Avatar for Luke Ward
    Interesting Facts 10th March 2010 at 9:19 am - Reply

so why not the government stop approving the cigar companies.

in one forgien country smokers are dismissed form the office. thats great na

8. Avatar for Luke Ward
    facts about smoking 20th February 2010 at 10:21 am - Reply

9. Avatar for Luke Ward
    krishna kashyap av 10th October 2009 at 11:36 am - Reply

Oh my god..
    I am sure who ever smokes
    would have come across such
    ill effects of smoking..
    And how nuts of them still
    smoking.. Quit smoking..
    Work from home

10. Avatar for Luke Ward
    ScuzzBuster 19th January 2009 at 2:11 am - Reply

Whether his facts are questionable or not, there’s a vast scientific consensus that smoking is detrimental to your health and will shorten your life. Smoking is is a physical addiction by the way, so presenting the facts with the lead in “whether you think it makes you look cool”…etc kind of sidesteps the issue that tobacco use is legalized drug addiction.

LASTLY, however, I think the other thing left out of the article are ALL the serious studies showing just exactly HOW cool smoking makes you look and how much that improves the quality of your life in exchange for the shorter life expectancy. As Billy Crystal playing his Fernando character use to say “better to look good than to feel good…”

11. Avatar for Luke Ward
    James 15th January 2009 at 6:56 pm - Reply

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.