4 Flares 4 Flares ×
Dr Pepper is a soft drink that many of you would’ve drunk before, its unique flavour is something you wouldn’t forget, check out the facts!
- Charles Alderton is the man behind the invention of the Dr. Pepper drink.
- The very first bottle sold in on the 12th January, 1885.
- Dr. Pepper is the oldest brand in America for the production of soft drinks!
- Earlier the brand name used to have a full stop at the end of its name. But it was later removed in the year 1950.
- In 2008 Dr. Pepper offered to give everyone a free drink, if Guns ‘N’ Roses would release their album “decade-in-the-works”.
- Dr. Pepper has its own museum dedicated to the drink, which is located in Waco, Texas.
- Earlier this drink didn’t have a name and people used to just call it Waco.
- Till date, no one actually knows that how this drink got the name Dr. Pepper.
- Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers are the two rock bands who have Dr. Pepper as their favourite soft drink.
- Currently, Dr. Pepper is known to blend 23 different flavors in the United States and some other countries.
- It is possible to heat this beverage and add lemon to it to make a hot drink.
- Dr. Pepper was many times speculated for having prune juice in it but it does not.
- There is also a lip balm which has the flavor of Dr. Pepper.
- This drink is owned by the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and not by Coca-Cola or Pepsi.
- Dr. Pepper also comes in a flavor which is caffeine free.
- Legend has it that it was named after the father of a girl whom Wade Morrison loved.
- Wade Morrison was the owner of the drug store in which Charles discovered this drink by an experiment.
- It was originally made with imperial pure cane sugar.