6 Flares 6 Flares ×
Let’s talk Pokémon! Zapdos has always been my favourite electric Pokémon and always will be. So here are a few Pokéfacts for you to enjoy!
- Zapdos is a dual-type Electric/Flying Legendary Pokémon.
- It does not evolve from or to any other Pokémon.
- Zapdos is one of the three legendary birds of Kanto, the other two being Articuno and Moltres.
- Zapdos is genderless.
- When Zapdos is sighted, which is a rare occasion, it’s often during electrical storms.
- Zapdos is immune to Ground type attacks.
- It is weak against Rock and Ice attacks.
- In Generation I, Zapdos was the only dual-type Electric Pokémon, as Magnemite and Magneton did not gain a secondary type until Steel was introduced in Generation II.
- Zapdos shares the same species name with Elekid and Electabuzz. They are all known as Electric Pokémon.
- Since Pokémon Yellow, Zapdos was given an extra toe pointing forward on each foot, giving it three.
- Zapdos is based on the native American legend of the thunder bird.
- The name ‘Zapdos’ is a combination of Zap and Dos, Spanish for two. The two meaning the second legendary bird.
- In French Zapdos is called ‘Electhor’.
- Zapdos and Jolteon have very similar names in Japanese: Zapdos is サンダー (Thunder), while Jolteon is サンダース (Thunders).
- Zapdos’s National Pokédex number is #145.
- The height of a Zapdos is 1.6m (5’03”).
- The weight of a Zapdos is 52.6kg (116lbs).
- Zapdos appeared in the second feature-length Pokémon movie, The Power of One.