7 Flares 7 Flares ×
Here are some really interesting facts and statistics about the social network Facebook, and how popular it has become over the years.
- As of 2011, there are 500,000,000 active Facebook users – that’s 1 in every 13 people on earth.
- 48% of 18 to 34 year olds check Facebook right when they wake up.
- The 35+ demographic now represents more than 30% of the entire userbase.
- There are 206.2 million internet users in the U.S, that means 71.2% of the U.S. web audience is on Facebook.
- 57% of people talk more online than they do in real life.
- 48% of young Americans said they found out about news through Facebook.
- A record-breaking 750 million photos were uploaded to Facebook over New Year’s weekend.
- Within 20 minutes on Facebook there are: 1 million Links Shared, 1,484,000 Event Invites, 1,972,000 Friend Requests Accepted, 2,716,000 Photos Uploaded, 2,716,000 Messages Sent, 1,323,000 Tagged Photos, 1,851,000 Status Updates, 1,587,000 Wall Posts and 10,208,000 Comments Made!
If you enjoyed the video, you may also like the Social Media – Facebook Facts video.