2 Flares 2 Flares ×
Most people know what a wind chime is, but what do you actually know about them? Here’s five fun wind chime facts to fill your head with.
- Wind chimes have been employed in a number of uses, including warding off spirits, welcoming guests, and producing music.
- Though metal is the most common material used for the chimes, shells, pottery, wood, and stone have also been employed.
- These tinkling, melodious devices were created by the Ancient Romans and by the Chinese and other Asian people.
- Among the more famous uses of wind chimes as musical instruments was their inclusion in certain Beatles songs.
- In addition to being beautiful to see and hear, wind chimes have been practically used to warn sailors of shifts in weather patterns.