If you’re a fan of Taylor Swift, the award-winning, beautiful, talented American singer-songwriter, then you’re going to love to know these fun facts!
- Her full name is Taylor Alison Swift.
- Taylor Swift is 28 years old and was born on 13th December 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Taylor spent her early years growing up on her family’s Christmas tree farm in Montgomery County.
- Her mother’s name is Andrea Finlay & her father is Scott Kingsley Swift.
- Taylor’s father went to college at the University of Manoa, Hawaii.
- Andrea wanted to name her daughter Taylor because she didn’t people to be able to know her gender, just by reading her name.
- Taylor’s younger brother Austin, attends Vanderbilt University and is also a freelance photographer in his spare time.
- Her grandmother was a professional opera singer, which inspired Swift from a young age.
- Over the years, Taylor’s had many nicknames, some of which are: Tay, Swifty, T-Swift, T-Swizzle and T-Sweezy.
- At age 10, Swift was singing at a variety of local events, including contests & fairs.
- Age 11, she performed at a Philadelphia 76ers game and sag ‘The Star-Spangled Banner‘. She also won a local talent competition singing LeAnn Rimes’ ‘Big Deal‘.
- At age 12, a computer repairman taught Taylor how to play three chords on the guitar, which inspired her to learn to play the guitar and start song-writing. Her first song was called ‘Lucky You‘.
- Taylor wrote a 350 page novel when she was 12, which so far, has never been published.
- Taylor Swift is extremely talented, she can play the guitar, piano, ukulele, electric guitar and the banjo!
- She is also a talented painter.
- One of her favourite items of clothing she likes to wear is a pair of cowboy boots.
- Swifty’s lucky number is 13.
- She says Shania Twain is her biggest musical influence, however she’s also ‘devoted’ to Britney Spears.
- After watching a Behind the Music special on Faith Hill, Taylor knew she had to move to Nashville, Tennessee to persue her musical dreams.
- At the age of 14, Taylor, along with her family moved to Nashville.
- Taylor Swift started using Myspace to develop her fan-base, which, at the time was a rather unique in country music.
- In 2005, Taylor was told by an interviewer, “If music doesn’t work out, you could be a hair model“. In 2012, the same woman interviewed her again and apologised for saying it.
- In 2006, Taylor performed at The Bluebird Care in Nashville, which landed her with a contract with Scott Borchetta’s Big Machine Records.
- She is close friends with Selena Gomez.
- Taylor’s first single was called Tim McGraw, which reached the top ten songs for the country charts in 2006.