Gold is an expensive, rare and everlasting metal, it’s a chemical element with the symbol Au and atomic number 79. If the video above does not load, you can read the facts below!
- Gold never breaks down or gets ruined, so it is frequently melted down and recycled into new items as the years pass.
- Since about 1500 AD, there has been an estimated total of 100,000 tons of gold that have been mined.
- Because gold is so soft, it is frequently combined with other kinds of metals when it is made into jewellery.
- Out of all the nations of the world, India is the one that consumes the most gold in a given year.
- Fort Knox, in Kentucky, currently contains nearly 150 million ounces of gold, as well as various valuable collectibles.