5 Flares 5 Flares ×
Here you’ll find five interesting facts about bikinis, if the video is slow loading, you can read the facts below. If you know any more bikini facts, leave them in a comment!
- Few people know that bikinis get their name from the hydrogen bomb testing that was conducted at Bikini Atoll in the South Pacific.
- Swimsuits that revealed any part of the torso was considered indecent at one point, even on men!
- However, among some ancient people, like the Minoans and Sicilians, two-piece bathing suits similar to bikinis were fairly common.
- Nearly three-quarters of the market for swimsuits is made up of women’s swimsuits, with the rest being split fairly evenly between men and children.
- The largest-selling swimwear company in the world is Speedo, which caters to both men and women, and which is nearly 100 years old.