- About The Bingo Cards
- Who invented the bingo cards? Edwin S. Lowe, a New York toys salesman hired and worked along with Carl Leffler, a mathematics professor from University of Columbian to invent at least 6000 combinations of bingo cards.
- Bingo cards were first used by the Germans in 1800s as an educational tool designed to help the students to learn multiplication tables easily.
- There were claims that Carl Leffler has gone insane after creating at least 6000 combinations of bingo cards with non-repeating number groups.
- Bingo cards in UK are also called “Housie.”
- Bingo cards used in US differ from those used in UK.
- Statistics show that Americans spend over $90 million on bingo cards alone per week.
- According to one calculation, there are actually 552,446,474,061,128,648,601,600,000 possible number arrangements in one bingo card.
- US bingo cards have 5x5 squares while UK bingo cards have 3 rows and 9 columns.
- Number combinations in US bingo cards are only between 1 and 75 while bingo cards used in UK have number combinations ranging from 1 to 90.
- When you say DIY bingo cards, these are customizable cards where you can make your own number combinations or put your own images.
- The fist bingo game was believed to happen in Italy as early as 1530 called "Lo Giuoco del Lotto D'Italia," which is still being played until today.
- Christine Bradfield, a grandmother from Bargoed in Caerphilly county is believed to be the largest bingo prize winner for winning more than £ 1.1M at The Castle Club in Merthyr Tydfil.
- The largest recorded winning in online bingo is a whooping £430,900!
- In a standard bingo card, a player can come up with 1,474,200 different winning combinations.
- The bingo game was originally called “beano” but was later on changed to “bingo” when an excited woman accidentally yelled the word after winning the jackpot.
- According to resources, 96% of regular bingo players have won the jackpot prize at least once.
- Statistics show that about 80% of bingo players are women while the remaining 20% constitutes the men population.
- Winning the jackpot ranks fifth in the reasons why players join bingo games. It turned out that the top priority of bingo players is to find enjoyment.
- The bingo game has shown significant effects in improving a person’s cognitive abilities and has efficiently alleviated stress.
- Bingo game is played by people of all ages. However, a wide spectrum of bingo players belongs to ages 35 and below.
- The Bingo game was first called “beano” because bingo players used beans to mark the raffled numbers on their cards.
- The earliest known online bingo game was called “Bingo Zone” which was launched in 1996. It was followed by “Bingo Blitz” in 1998.
- Online bingo is a very popular leisure activity in UK gathering more than 3 Million players each day. Online bingo sites have contributed a lot in increasing the economy’s earnings for the past years.
- Online bingo game in US has shown tremendous development and is now the most popular past-time activity among Americans.
- Unlike in bingo halls where regular bingo balls are used to play the game, online bingo sites utilize a random number generator.
- One notable feature online bingo is the chat functionality which gives the opportunity to players to interact and socialize with one another via Internet.
- Online Bingo has accumulated a total of $640 Million in 2010 and about 50% of this earning came from UK alone.
- Most online bingo players are between the ages of 35 – 40.
- About 48% of online bingo players admit that they play online bingo at least once a day making it a part of their daily regime.
- Because of the chat feature available in online bingo sites, about 47% of the players were able to form a new circle of friends.
- 83% of online bingo players are women and the remaining 17% are men.
The Bingo Game
The Online Bingo Game
Playing bingo on bingo halls or from online bingo sites is really a fun and good way to relax for many people. Plus the fact that you get to receive a lot of bonus offers from different bingo sites and win a jackpot without overspending on bingo games unlike poker or any online game.
Don’t have the time and luxury to go out and play on bingo halls? Try it online and enjoy playing