7 Flares 7 Flares ×
Komondor dogs look more like a walking mop than a dog, but there’s more to the Komondor than meets the eye, check out these top five facts. If the video above loads slow, you can read the facts below!
- This hairy breed was originally bred in Hungary and was used to guard the flocks of sheep there.
- This history makes them excellent guard dogs for homes and families in modern times.
- They take a good deal of training and their signature coat takes regular grooming, but they can become loyal and obedient pets.
- Komondors are related to the Pulis, are descended from Russian stock, and may be among the oldest of the dog breeds.
- These large dogs are very protective of their homes and owners and also receive a lot of attention at competitive dog shows.